[Land-speed] Couple of questions.

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Wed Jan 26 07:00:41 MST 2011

On Jan 26, 2011, at 12:52 AM, Larry Mayfield wrote:

Any of ya'll ever had a custom crank fabricated for your motor?  I mean from a
raw forging or billet?  I am dickering with folk to do that or at least to see
what kind of pocket book pain that might bring. I was wonder what kinds of
costs are involved..anybody got any idea?

Mayf, a handful of years ago I got a custom one-off billet stroker crank for
my nitrous bike engine.  Nobody in the US cared to make it, it seems, so we
ended up using Farndon in the UK.  16 months and about $5k plus exchange rate
penalties.

I don't recommend Farndon -- too many "unexpected" delays and obfuscation.
But there's a price for you.

      Jon Wennerberg
Tall guy with moustache
and a pair of 2 Club hats