[Land-speed] Destroking a Crankshaft...

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Tue Feb 22 09:28:39 MST 2011

Dave, could you be a little more specific.

In a naturally aspirated engine, lets say a 4" bore with a 2" or 2.5"
stroke.
I would also assume compression of  around 15:1.

Push rod, and valve train technology improved so much in the past ten years,
running the engine to higher speeds should not be an issue, and many of us
are already using expensive lightweight components.

What dynamics would prevent making really good power.

Serious question.   I'm not trying to be a smart ass.