[Land-speed] Running an Automatic Trans without a Torque Converter

Jim Dincau jdincau at qnet.com
Mon Dec 5 08:21:02 MST 2011

     The parts you describe are usually used on short track cars, stocks, 
modifieds, super modifieds etc. They generally use them with the hydraulic 
valve setup as described by J D Tone. This valve allows gradual application 
of pressure to the clutch pack so the car can be moved away with out a push 
truck. This is common in circle track racing associations that require a 
self start capability. I have never seen one advertised for anything other 
than a powerglide.
Jim in Palmdale 

More information about the Land-speed mailing list