[Land-speed] Running an Automatic Trans without a Torque Converter

Justin Calkins calkins at camspray.com
Thu Dec 1 07:34:08 MST 2011

Larry,
I have thought of doing the same type of thing for a drag car.  My questions
usually came back to the performance.  What is the performance advantage
and/or disadvantage of deleting the converter?  Some converters make power,
so I have been told, i.e. - torque multiplication.  I totally understand the
safety side of it.

Justin Calkins
Cam Spray - Service Department
520 Brooks Road