[Land-speed] Oiling Questions

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Tue Sep 28 11:01:47 MDT 2010

Doc
I just saw this old note and can offer that Peterson has an external
pressure relief valve that I use on the Lakester/liner.  When I had the
latest and greatest Barnes 5 stage pump built, I did so without the internal
regulator.  I think this system provides a more consistent overall oil
supply than with the internal bypass.  It does add complexity, weight and
the potential failure of hoses, but I really prefer to bypass to the tank
and I'll take the hit for the other stuff.

Rick