[Land-speed] 200 MPH Quest

Dick J lsr_man at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 08:49:58 MST 2010

Like many other LSR racers, I had one specific goal - - 200 mph.  I was just
looking through my "journal" and came up with some interesting statistics.

It took me five years to reach my goal.
It cost $31,000 in car parts.
It took eleven trips to the races.
I didn't keep records on the cost of the trips to the races, but I'm sure it's
over $10,000.
I bought a truck and trailer, but since they see other service, I didn't even
figure them into the cost of the quest.
The fever started at 115, then progressed through 149, 151, 157, 158, 171,
178, 194, 195, 199 and finally reached 200.

Was it worth it?  Well, let me put it this way, every time I glance over at my
200 hat hanging on the wall, a smile speads across my face that takes about an
hour to go away.  I will never forget the course workers jumping up and down,
giving me the thumbs up, and holding up the magic two fingers.  I will never
forget my wife jumping out of the tow truck at the finish line with a giant
smile and a 200 time slip.  Was it worth it?  Absolutely!

DickJ
In East Texas