[Land-speed] Fuel Injector Testing #2--Adendum

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed May 12 20:02:33 MDT 2010

JG, we are thinking along the same lines with a few differences.   I
will use my hardware in the loop simulator to run the cars efi
electronics That provides the drive for the injectors just as if I was
making a run. I can stop at any rpm and any engine load and gather
samples. I want to get a set of 8 samples at a time so I can do a direct
comparison of the fuel mass per unit time or rpm  Instead of volume
measurement, since injectors are rated in pounds per hour, I will use a
scale to make a weight measurement on the sample jars. I was thinking
some pint mason jars, lol.   If I use gasoline it will be via long
extension hoses outside the shop.  I have a 5 gallon can of mineral
spirits that may be the working fluid, however. Hopefully less flamable
and it will also clean the  injectors.

Thanks for th eideas!

mayf