[Land-speed] Bearing clearance

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Tue May 11 18:48:07 MDT 2010

"bearings are bearings"....yeah you'd think so, but them you'd probably
be wrong!  I can loan you a good book on tribology  should you be
inclined.  Journal size makes a difference, how the oil is delivered to
the bearing makes a difference,  bearing whirl makes a difference.  lots
of things can make a difference.  Had this be a 427 side oiler, I had
some factory infor for the lemans motors they ran way back when.  alas,
twas a ch*vy..

You headed out in the morning?  Which way you decide on?

mayf