[Land-speed] Fuel Injector testing

23weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Sat May 8 20:10:27 MDT 2010

Mayf --
How about the ethanol you buy at the hardware store for shellac thinner?
Fairly cheap.  And any remainder will be gone as soon as you have a few
seconds warm up. Besides it's already in the gasoline you get on the street.
If the low flash point worries you then go pricier with 91% IPA you get in
the drug store.  Or maybe 70% for most of the testing and a last shot of 91%
to dissolve what water remains in the hardware.
Seems to me that anything with a safe high flash point is either going to be
too high in viscosity, too expensive or kinda nasty to use (TCE, etc).
Ed Weldon