[Land-speed] Fuel Injector 0-ring lube

Elon saltfever at comcast.net
Mon May 3 00:42:23 MDT 2010

I have used all of the products mentioned (except DC-4) for the appropriate
application, but never for fuel (in aviation). Silicon based greases are
usually good with oils but are generally bad for fuel. Krytox (a competitor
to Fomblin) are both excellent, but due to their expense, are not worth the
benefit when a better, lower cost product, is made for the purpose.

There was a product specifically formulated for fuel fittings in general
aviation. It was called Fuel Lube but is no longer available. The substitute
for Fuel Lube is EZ Turn Lube. I have not used it and cannot vouch for the
results but read the spec on the web site. I doubt Aircraft Spruce would
sell it if it didn't work. The 5 oz tube will last you a lifetime!

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/ezturnlube.php

.