[Land-speed] Fuel Injector O-ring Lube...

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Sun May 2 15:29:37 MDT 2010

Ok, Rick, you got me...  How would a rotating valve affect washing away of
the seal lube mon the top side of the fuel injector at the fuel
rail?   Yes to the static seal. But mine aren't necessarily static.  Or
at least wont be as much next go around. And that gasoline that ERC
sells really dries out the seal materials (also hands, lol).   A dish
soap might be a good lube. I will see how it is affected by the gasoline.

I'm not listening.
don't know nothin bout rotating shaft sealing with o rings......

Racing fuel may dry out the joint, but Fluroro elastomers don't have
problems with gasoline.  I have used viton at all Bosch injectors in gas
applications with C16 and A8C without leakage problems.  Alchyhaul might be
a different story.....or how bout nitro?

You gonna have you car at B'ville this summer? Looks like we can only afford
WOS only because of high room rents this year.  I'd like to see
your car go!

Not this year.  I fired the Ford body design/stylist in Dec.  He really
boned me.
Found a new guy and he is finally on line with the 3d model and beginning
work. He is more than happy to work WITH me and the AERO guy.  I'm working
on the last 20% of the chassis details but sometimes the last part takes the
longest.  I am having a ball with the design, and building phase, but I need
to be on the salt with this thing.
Next year.  I'm in agreement.  I have spent so much building, I won't be
able to afford the big meet.  Sponsors are impossible, especially now with a
car that isn't quite "real" So WOS and WF will be on my calendar.  I will do
testing here, and was looking at going to Loring, this year, but I got sick
late Feb and now am just feeling well enough to get back to work.  Lost
hearing in one ear that may be permanent, but it sure could be worse.
The chassis may be good for Loring, but without at least the front body,
running would be senseless.  Especially going 800? miles to do it.  I can
test almost as good on a Dyna Pac locally.

I will muddle thru, and as I get closer to being done I'll post some details
and photos. It will look good, I just pray for speed.