[Land-speed] Valve cover gaskets

Chris Harris yesford at clear.net.nz
Wed Mar 31 18:36:59 MST 2010

John,

We plan on running pan vac this year. In past we've vented our engine to
atmosphere while using a 4 stage dry sump pump.
We will seal engine up plus run an electric vacuum pump. These are easy to
mount anywhere, not requiring extra belt drive and associated pulley. Will
wire to switch on with ignition and it
will pull 10" at all times. Will dyno engine using vac from oil pump
initially, then observe what electric pump adds. Will install vac relief
valve to maintain 10 to 12". Anymore vac requires extra money being spent on
coated wrist pins and other mods to seals & gaskets etc for minimal extra
gain I'm told.

Will be interesting dyno test, will let you know if interested.

Chris Harris...........NZed.