[Land-speed] Real Racing --no rant

Doug Odom dlodom at charter.net
Wed Mar 24 14:19:18 MST 2010

Sparky, Sounds more like an oiling problem to me. Are the thrust bearing
surfaces showing any lack of oil. I do some things to my mains in the small
blocks that are not DART block. The rods will throw the oil off because of
centrifugal force faster than the system can keep up at a high RPM for a
long period of time. LSR being about the only type of racing where you don't
lift for two minutes or more. With the dry sump system were you putting oil
in both the front and back of the block? I know GM had some issues with the
rear main thrust wearing out and changed bearings. I always liked the
Vandervell bearings because the thrust was staked and not molded to the rear
main.

The reason I don't think the harmonics is the issue is I have run both
flexplate and flywheel  9500 at Bonneville with no converter and see no
difference in the bearing surface.

Big Ditch Doug