[Land-speed] Multiple Engines

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Tue Mar 23 15:05:17 MST 2010

Put a speed sensor with the same number of teeth on the front and rear of
the crank and watch for degrees of separation change. that will read
directly into degrees of twist and I have no idea what is acceptable to be
honest. Possibly a crankshaft company could give some guidance there.. I
would be tempted to but them with a tooth at 14 degress ATDC as that is when
peak cylinder pressure should be or very close to it at least and the
greatest twist.. I would not swaet 42 or 45 degrees close enough... much
better than 3...
Dave