[Land-speed] car #204 solved

dan warner dwarner230 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 09:08:05 MST 2010

I have solved the confusion surrounding the photo from the Life magazine
archieves.

I have a book that was given to the attendees at the NHRA Mickey Thompson
exhibit presented by Gale Banks.

Page 6 shows a photo of #204 pushing Mickey's twin engined Bantam coupe,
#239.
The caption reads:
"In 1953 Mickey entered the infamous Carrera Panamericana (Mexican Road Race)
in a six cylinder Ford sponsered by Alhambra's Ellico Ford. He had a tough
time in the grueling contest, but the Ford survived to serve as a Bonneville
push car."

I am sorry that since my computer was repaired that my scanner no longer
works. If I find the software to reload the scanner I will link to a photo.
Maybe Mitech Mike or someone else who was at the exhibit debut could scan page
6.

DW
XanGo, the Whole Fruit Mangosteen Puree!

A natural anti-inflammatory Immune system booster & antioxidant.
http://www.joaniewarner.mymangosteen.com/
1-818-998-4435  Dan and Joanie use XanGo, won't you?
www.mangosteenfruitinfo.com