[Land-speed] Chassis Dyno Operations

FFR554 at aol.com FFR554 at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 23:04:20 MDT 2010

My experience is that the normal loss between an engine Dyno pull and a
chassis dyno pull is  5 - 10% using a standard transmission and
non-quickchange rear end in high gear .  The loss increases in lower  transmission gears.
 With a quickchange the loss may be as high as 20%,  depending on ring &
pinnion ratio and final drive ratio.  The fewer  gears, the better.
Quickchange's give flexibility, but rob  horsepower.

Bruce