[Land-speed] Tires...

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Jun 10 11:05:41 MDT 2010

I want to acquire a couple of tires that can serve double duty. I want
then to be used in an emergency on the salt in case one of the race car
tires comes off the rim or deflates or some qually disastrous event: I
would put the spare on to tow back to the pit.  I also want to use the
"spare s" on a chassis dyno. To that end I would like to have at least a
V speed rating and maybe Z. But so far I have look at a zillion tires
and not come up with anything

So, I ask you folk..... any of you have experience with any tire in the
15 inch wheel size, large diameter,  V or Z rated,  skinny if
possible,    that would save me from looking at another zillion tires?
I need to order wheels so width is adjustable right now...diameter is
almost cast in concrete though.

HHHeeeeelllllppppp!