[Land-speed] BYU E-! 'liner

Ray Buck rbuck at xmission.com
Fri Jul 30 16:21:57 MDT 2010

  Photos of the proceedings at:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/lsr/bsf2010/20100727b/Welcome.html

Wes tells me he "owes me one" since I (for about the first time ever)
was able to sneak up and get a shot of him unawares.  He's only done
that to me a couple dozen times.  But, like he was last time, I was kind
and didn't shoot for the "extra goofy" look the he so often catches me
with.  Well, ok.  It ain't hard.

One thing that Jim said was that he was surprised by the acceleration.
I'm gonna make a coupla SWAGs here and mention that the run was downhill
(slightly), the car was so damn quiet that it was spooky and someone
mentioned that an electric motor makes its maximum torque when going
from a stop to its rated speed.  I think that's the way the put it.

Nonetheless, the little critter moved down the straight pretty quickly.
Not like the ALMS prototypes that ran there a little bit ago, but pretty
good, anyway.

I guess we were lucky in that the regularly scheduled 3 pm wind and rain
squall held off until about 7 pm, so they were able to get a coupla runs
ans they seemed happy with the results.

RtR

Sent from my Dreadnought using that barely tolerable Thunderbird email program