[Land-speed] Dumb MS car class question

Ed Van Scoy ed at vetteracing.com
Tue Jul 27 20:46:26 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Albaugh [mailto:neil at dbelltech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 04:31 PM
To: drmayf at mayfco.com, 'LSR'
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Dumb MS car class question

Mayf; The way I read the rules, the top must be an original option and can't
be chopped. How about hinging the top at the rear and swinging it up and to
the rear? You would need some really foolproof latches on the front to keep it
closed at speed, though. Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ
I used to have a 73 Vette hardtop convertable drag car. One fateful race, I
was just going through the lights and it got awful bright. I thought the Lord
was callin' me home until I realized that the hardtop had blown off....... The
guy in the other lane was driving an 84 Corvette and quite a bit behind. He
said it went straight up about 40 feet, and he (the guy in the 84) passed
right under it before it hit the ground. So yes Neil, OEM latches don't cut
it.
Ed