[Land-speed] Dumb MS car class question

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed Jul 21 17:01:23 MDT 2010

Ed, that is interesting. I will have to track down the car if/when it
is on the salt and take a good look a it. Corvettes have a longer wheel
base which makes for an easier solution to the roll cage system and for
I think, easier ingress and exiting. Just an "I think" though as I am
only speculation and thinking out loud.  I was thinking about a roll bar
hoop just behind the windshield frame to which the hard top could  be
hinged so that it lifted from the rear.  Some kind of lever actuated
latch to hold the rear down and a gas shock to lift the top. Again, just
thinking out loud.  I have no idea how to implement something this
complicated.

How is the Hot down your way?  Has been fairly miserable here in
Pahrumpland:  temps in the ranges of 113 - 115 give or take a few.
Fortunately no humidity to speak of.

Please say a Hello to Mz Linda for us?

Headed for WOS on the 13th of Sept.

mayf