[Land-speed] Fire Suit Recertification

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 5 17:04:08 MDT 2010

Please don't give anyone in our organization something else that will cause more costs. If properly cared for these will last for years.

As for Rich's comment I too had a 3-2 and sent it back to the manufacturer and they chose to uprade it to a 3-2-20. I was very suprised. They said it was because it was in perfect shape even for it's age. I had never, repeat never had it on a hanger. It was stored flat in a suit case and cleaned at least once if not 3 or 4 times depending how many times I ran at El Mirage.

Both my son and I took it off immediately after each run and put in on just prior to each run.(no reason to stand around in a suit to show who the driver is in our camp)

We have an additional 15 and a new 20 now and treat them the same along with the gloves and boots.

I hope it never becomes a requirement even tho it wouldn't bother me to see a few log books requiring they needed to be cleaned.................JD