[Land-speed] Copper head gaskets

Jim Dincau jdincau at qnet.com
Sun Jan 17 18:58:48 MST 2010

John,
     Ken and I tried of-rings, it didn't work. An o-ring needs a grove to
remain stable, just squeezing them between the head and block tended to turn
them into figure eights. We have had good luck with crushable spark plug
washers and a little high temp silicone. Open the holes in the head gasket
to just accept the washers. This is only good if the holes you want to seal
are relatively small , spark plug diameter or less. This was on a blown
alcohol aluminum block iron head motor. I wish we could take credit for this
but it was suggested by Nick Arias.
Jim in Palmdale