[Land-speed] Screen Filters

Doug Odom dlodom at charter.net
Sat Jan 16 17:22:08 MST 2010

Yes Keith is right! I remember about 35 years ago when these first came out.
The first one I looked at I thought my engine was built in a sand box by the
looks of the junk in the filter. Now I had built the motor myself in my
shop. Cleaned out the junk and ran some hot laps and looked again. No
problem. Later that year some guys that had paid big bucks to a famous
engine shop came by with their filter to show me. It looked just like mine
had. Told them to go back and run the motor again and call me if it still
looked bad. Saw them later and they said it was fine. I have caught motors
that were starting to have bearing problems before they hurt themselves
because of the filter. I highly recommend the use of them.

Doug in big ditch

Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Screen Filters