[Land-speed] Electronics and other stuff like fuel mileage

race427 at aol.com race427 at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 10:46:16 MST 2010

Ed,

     You would think with all of the advancements in electronics and
engine design, vehicles would be getting better fuel mileage.  The
price of oil keeps going up and up and the fuel mileage remains the
same.   Our economy is in a shambles because of the oil prices.  Not
one manufacturer can come out with a car which gives excellent fuel
economy 40 + mpg.   Not talking Hybrids.  VW does it with the TDI, but
I have not heard good things about this little diesel.  Something is
wrong somewhere.   Guess I am not smart enough to see it.  :(    All I
know, is it costs a small fortune to travel anywhere today by car.
Between the price of fuel and tolls here in the Northeast, they are
robbing us.   What will happen if gas goes to $ 5.00 gallon and stays
there?    Arggggggh

     Tony