[Land-speed] Turks Ride

David Anderson mactem at mebtel.net
Tue Dec 28 10:35:11 MST 2010

Keith, Seems to me that a holed piston mostly comes from running hot from
too lean a mixture .  Possible causes (and other people know a lot more than
me) are:
float not set right
fluid build up in the float
clogged jet
wrong slide
clogged fuel line or petcock
intake manifold leak
too much hot air  (probably from the driver)

Are you going to look at the tops of the other pistons just for curiosity?
Maybe they were beginning to melt too.  Preignition?

I'm glad it got you home, and now you have a parts bike!

Happy New Year!

David