[Land-speed] Fwd: air density

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Aug 5 19:06:12 MDT 2010

Well, interesting. Looks like someting I would put together, lol.  But,
to keep my tuning simple I just use the plain  old air density.  I go
back to basics which use absolute pressure and temperature only and
simply calculate the density at any given time.  It is only a few
calculator strokes.  If I want to see how density of teh ari affects the
current tune (carbed and mechanical injection) then I use the density
when the tune was established, calculate the new density and ratio it to
see how much of a change is needed.  With my curent mass air flow meter,
I don't even have to do that. The brain box measues the mass of air
directly and then figures fueling as appropriate.

Density altitude meters can be had for, I think, about a 100 bucks.  I
bought an old airplane absolute pressure gauge instead.

YMMV

mayf