[Land-speed] Size matters

Rich Fox v4gmr at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 14:05:33 MDT 2010

So I got my new billet, very pretty crankshaft finally. Some people would expect that when it came it would be done. Those people do knitting or some such for a hobby. So yesterday I took my new crank to Armondo, our local crankshaft grinder to finish it. On the up side I knew that I would have the coolest crank in the place. After carrying it inside and looking it over Armondo set it down next to the Billet 1914 Buick 4 cylinder crank. About half again longer than the Dodge. 5 inch stroke. Only 3 mains. counterweighted with 2 inch rod journals same as my crank. Giant billet rods that use two SBC rod bearings per. Armondo thought it was a Valesco crank and rods. Apparently they aren't really finished when you get them either. I walked out feeling kind of like the little guy in the locker room. Again.