[Land-speed] World of Speed update

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Wed Sep 16 12:29:21 MDT 2009

Well, we'll have a race course -- tomorrow (Thursday).  Here's the
latest scoop:

Things are drying nicely.  We will not have any access to the salt
today, Wednesday, but tomorrow morning we'll be allowed out there to
set up the pits.  The drivers meeting will be tomorrow, and racing
will start tomorrow.

The course will be a fuyll long course -- seven good miles now, and
Jim Burkdoll, race director, is heading out to drag from the 7 to the
9 to give lots of run-off/back door room.

The pits are much smaller, as usual, than at SpeedWeek -- but when we
were there they weren't very wet at all.  There was a bit of standing
water -- small puddles, maybe a foot or so in diameter -- with very
wet and glistening salt on the surface.  I wouldn't care to set up the
pit today.

But -- we'll be ready for tomorrow.  Yee-hah, we're gonna race --
assuming, that is, that the weather turns out as per the forecast --
which is nice and warm and sunny and mild winds.

For photos go to the forum on landracing.com and look at the "World
Off Speed Results" topic.

Jon