[Land-speed] Traction at Bonneville

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Sep 14 17:54:29 MDT 2009

I did salt coefficient tests up there one year when I was just messing
around. I made a test rig and I ran the test every 15 m inutes for an
entire day. The 0.66 is pretty much what I got as well, mine was 0.68.
I did find that it changed during the hday though. Satrting low getting
better then going low then getting better then as the sun went down
getting worse.  It was a double hump curve. HAd something to do with
water percolation up with the heat and then druying out faster that it
could pecolate then as  the wate rose, went down. SOme where I may have
the data.  It just confirmed what was intuitively known.

mayf