[Land-speed] Traction at Bonneville

Benn benn at sonic.net
Mon Sep 14 13:25:32 MDT 2009

So, assuming dry concrete has a coefficient of friction of 0.7-1.0, it
sounds like the coefficient of friction is about 0.5 to 0.7, which would
correspond at the upper end to worn, smooth asphalt or concrete with typical
street tires.  And of course, like other aspects of life, you still have to
watch out for the "wet spots".
Benn