[Land-speed] British Steam effort 139.843mph

MEIERLE Mike Mike.Meierle at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Sep 2 08:28:27 MDT 2009

I didn't say it wouldn't work, your synchronization idea was to use GPS,
Public GPS isn't accurate enough for our application, the military
purposely vary's the signal to thwart our enemies, you have to have the
correction frequency to get the precision military signal. And It's just
more expensive. Think about when someone hits a timing light on the
track, now they're hitting a expensive sensor. The SCTA is happy with
what they have and have it worked out. The discussion is with them.

Mike M.