[Land-speed] Fire Bottle Mounting Schemes

Kirkwood saltfever at comcast.net
Fri Oct 16 03:05:30 MDT 2009

Tom, I am grateful for your sharing of the information so we can make better
decisions in building a car. I know salient safety requirements enter the
rule book but your comments are more than appreciated.

Tom Bryant:

. . . Three 5-pound bottles were secured as a group by 4 - 1/4" bolts and
the oil tank was mounted with 4 - 5/16 bolts.  Both were striped from the
car, shearing the bolts and tearing loose from the fire bottle actuator
cables . . .