[Land-speed] Trailer tie-down

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Thu Oct 8 03:59:45 MDT 2009

Another point to ponder is bearing oscillation - esp on modern taper bearings. When the suspension is working (especially in a vibration prone environment) and the bearing is not turning, all of the loads are felt in the same two to four points of contact thru range of motion.  And it doesn't take a lot of time or distance for the problem to develop.     Asian car mfgrs had occassional bursts of  warranty problems with wheel bearings until they figured out that the cars were not properly tied down during ship transport.
Mark C