[Land-speed] Insulation on Charge Air duct plumbing. (from mayf, hit delete now, lol)

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Oct 5 07:46:52 MDT 2009

Thanks to the few of you who answered I have enough experience and
suggestions to complete the charge air ducting.  A couple of the
answers were to prevent the heat from getting to the ducting by
insulating the source, ie headers. I already have them coated with some
kind of high heat turbo coating although it is of a poor quality. As one
said, the air flow is pretty quick and little time is available for
serious heat transfer. So the first thing I do will be to do nothing and
watch the charge air temps. If low enough then done...

Again, many thanks to the one who replied!

Since walling in the motor in the Sunbeam, I find that the engine room
gets quite hot. I will soon be using an ice water-air intercooler and
that exposes a lot of duct work to the heat. And since it is aluminum it
will reheat the chilled air to some degree. Anyone out there using
insulation on their air ducting?  If so, may I ask what it is and where
to get it and your experience with it?