[Land-speed] Insulation on Charge Air duct plumbing. (from mayf, hit delete now, lol)

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Sat Oct 3 12:17:48 MDT 2009

Doc
When I was running the Merk with just the air/air charge air cooler, with
water spray on it, I measured a few temps.  Compressor discharge was hot
enough that leaving it un insulated actually helped lose about
60degrees f, but after the heat exchanger, insulating was desirable.  I used
Exhaust wrap, and experimented with water jacket around the 3" tube, and
found them about the same.  KISS
SO, insulate at least the tubing downstream of the cooler.
I cannot find the actual data and cannot remember the exact numbers, so this
is my humble opinion.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 650+ HP TURBO ENGINE IN MERKUR.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of MERK ENGINE 97 2.jpg]