[Land-speed] Web site down

Jerry Foster fosterap at flash.net
Fri Oct 2 20:24:11 MDT 2009

OK........I have a question.  I have my frame upsidedown on the roadster I'm
building (I know..world's slowest build).  I'm about to install the step
pan, which is a partial belly pan.  Now, the entire frame/cage is airtight,
with a lot of brackets welded on, and nothing actually screws or bolts into
the frame.  Do I screw the pan into the bottom of the frame rails, or should
I weld on little tabs to attach the pan.  I know you can put a dab of
silicone on the threads and get a pretty good seal, but I wonder.  I have
had a lot of help from J. D. and Rich on my build, and I appreciate it.

BTW, my engine goes to the dyno man in about two weeks.  Looking forward to
being a non-spectator.

Jerry in Dallas