[Land-speed] Facebook

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Wed Nov 18 11:14:15 MST 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 11:40 AM, Adin, David wrote:

Amen.
I have recently "unsubscribed" to a few lists.  Reason?  Multiple
invitations to visit/join one of these "social sites" - screw them
all!!!

I/We have survived a while without "Facebook" etc - no need to change.

Back out to the cold garage to play with some stuff.

David in Durango

Nancy has joined up on Facebook -- with me watching carefully over her
shoulder.  She's being pretty careful to NOT be "friends" with most of
those that solicit herr, rather using the system to stay in
conversational touch with her kids and a few other carefully chosen
folks.  I've heard far too many horror stories about nasty folks and
Facebook (as well as the other "social" networks) to suggest she have
at it at random.  So far we haven't regretted it -- but I'll be
showing her your post, Dan, as soon as she gets back from work.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Jon