[Land-speed] secret spy film . . .

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Nov 14 19:20:43 MST 2009

...albino brain chiggers..   are these worse than the little bitsy red
ones?  Worst itching I ever had!  I cannot imagine them making my brain
itch, lol..

How is the truck coming along? Done anymore with it?  I am belly deep in
sunbeam. I had that fuel tank leak at WOS and that resulted in me
fabricating a new tank and putting it in the trunk. Of course that
required that "stuff" be subtly moved around there. Removal of the
offending tank from the front left room for an intercooler I had
purchased a few years ago. It is now installed and the air ducting
plumbed. Has a new blow through mass air flow meter.  Just finished a
new ice water intercooler tank that goes where the  fire bottles were
located before. Have relocated them as well.  Stuff looks different.
Working to resolve my rpm issue as well. Back when I first ran the car,
a dyno run had data to 6000 rpm. At that time, I had twin turbos blowing
into a dual inlet throttle body hat.  Because of the miserable spark
plug  access in that configuration, I relocated the turbos and made a
new hat with one inlet with both turbos going into it.  Rpm decreased to
around 5300  5400. ran that way for a  year then went to the big single
turbo blowing into the same hat. Rpm was still limited. Same thing this
past year with the same set up.  Run to 5500 RPM in August and that was
it.  In installing the intercooler, I removed the inlet and replaced it
with a larger tube,  so now everything from the turbo to the motor is 3
inch diameter.  I also removed the blow off valve I had installed for
chuckles on the TB hat. Put the water injection nozzle boss there
instead.  I had a different BOV that I installed in the 3 inch air
ducting.  I have two choices on the big turbo inlet: I can put a large
air filter on the inlet or I can run some 4 inch aluminum flex ducting
to the grill blank off and install an inlet bell there.  That is of
course way more work... and no air filter which I kinda like because
that salt dust gets injested and that cannot be good for the compressor
wheel.   I should be done with the intercooler installation this week
less mnor water plumbing to and fro.  Then the turbo inlet is the last item.

I am getting tired of working on this thing...

mayf