[Land-speed] Update

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Thu May 7 09:01:03 MDT 2009

I don't know how many out there knows George Fields with the #125 Comp Coupe
 but for those who know him should know about his wife, Gretchen's health
issues that have consumed him for a couple of years. They would appreciate
our prayers. This is an update from Gail & Ron Tesinsky forwarded to me.

BELOW IS ANOTHER UPDATE ON GETCHEN FROM LYDIA.............HOPE EVERYONE IS
DOING WELL & STAYING HEALTHY. G&R

Today I was with my Mom and Dad while she had an endoscopy to look for the
cause of her swallowing issue. Well, they determined that the cancer has
nearly closed off her esophagus except for a 1/2 inch which food is having a
very difficult time passing through. She didn't tolerate the procedure well,
she would stop breathing and they would have to wait for her to be able to
tolerate it again before proceeding. They tried to "stretch" the area, but
it is all scar tissue so the concern was tearing her esophagus. So they did
a barium swallow afterwards to see if there was any tearing. It revealed
that there was a small tear and she does have some barium floating around
outside her esophagus next to her lung. The hope is that it will wall itself
off while she is being treated with antibiotics. The thought is: if she was
going to have a serious reaction to it, it would've happened already. In the
meantime, the Decatur Hospital she was at did not have a cardio-thoracic
surgeon on staff, so she is being transferred to Dallas Methodist. The issue
of nutrition is bigger now than ever, so she will be seeing a surgeon there
to have a G-tube placed tomorrow. We are still trying to determine what can
be done about her esophagus. It is twisted in such a way around the cancer
that it was a miracle that her medications were making it any where near her
stomach to be absorbed.

So we're awaiting the schedule for tomorrow. She has been transferred to
Methodist now. Please pray for her to have strength and protection during
this time. She received 2 units of blood this morning and was definitely
feeling better this afternoon. Will update again tomorrow.
Lydia
Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of faint_grain.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of imstp_animation_butterflies_en_020908.gif]