[Land-speed] File Handles

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Sat Mar 28 14:48:08 MST 2009

This thread gave me the idea to replace  the ancient wooden  knob on a little  file with a 1" superball  which has a really nice feel.  Five minute epoxy to bonded it tight  to the file.   The  hand carved wooden knob wouldn't stay tight but it was a work of art most likely from a broken screwdriver out of my great grandfathers machine shop and smithy,    and I couldn't throw something like that away.

Last night I had to buy a new air cutoff tool, and when the Allen key fell out of the package  onto  the floor, and  bounced under the toolbox,  it gave me the idea to epoxy  the wooden knob onto the long end of the allen key  -   much easier for these semi-arthritic hands to manipulate and might on a bit of tradition thru   generations to come..

Mark C