[Land-speed] Records

Skip Higginbotham saltrat at pahrump.com
Wed Jun 24 13:39:20 MDT 2009

Rich,
Exactly the same point that I was trying to make......apples and
oranges.....thank you.

Mayf,
The North American Land Sailing Association did a very good job of
documenting the run(s) for the Greenbird effort. But it is no more a
world record than times at the Texas Mile or ECTA, Loring, or El
Mirage. And at least at the drags and Bonneville a backup run has to
be made. And the course is defined.....and it is no accident what
course needs to be used. Unlike Greenbird....
However, their (Greenbird's) accomplishment, as I have said before,
is remarkable and they are to be commended.

Everybody,
Now how can we get the "sanctioning bodies" together and
(re)establish some worldwide rules..........? Couldn't any more
difficult than the UN.............or NATO, or....?(-:(-:

Skip