[Land-speed] Fwd: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage

Keith Turk kturk at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 24 04:51:12 MDT 2009

I'd lump Hyrdrogen and Nitromethane in the same pot... and call them
equal...  Wait... that's not true..  The ECTA has a New Alternate Fuel class
this year and we allow the competitor to define the fuel...  So if you run
your junk on Steam or french fry oil and wish to claim you have the fastest
XXX at Maxton... You can do that... ( I might also be good if you could say
your exhaust was edible or in Jesse's case you could wash your hands in it )

199.7 is a bigger number then 185,  both of which are the recorded speeds
for each of these attempts...  Yes if the BMW had a recorded speed it's exit
speed it might have been.... 459mph  but since it wasn't recorded or
reported... then guess we have to go with what we actually know...

Point being... we as a group try and define ourselves within a given set of
guidelines... and then we expect the outside world to know and understand
the rules... and frankly I don't think they care....  Louise is going to
operate on the premise that FIA is the only sanctioning body in LSR... and
that's not a correct or even popular statement.

That's about it... my fingers hurt...

Life is Good... busy but GOOD...

Keith