[Land-speed] Jesse James brings hydrogen land-speed record back to America: AutoWeek Magazine

Wester Potter wester6935 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 18 13:01:50 MDT 2009

And Rick Byrnes went 207 with the Ford electric car using hydrogen to
create the electricity.  Ohio State has gone over 270 with their
streamliner using the same Ballard technology as Ford did.  Oh yes ...
they were timed at the Bonneville Salt Flats.  Would any of the
sponsoring organizations allow Jesse's liner to run at their event?  I
seriously doubt it.  SCTA even required the setup that created the
hydrogen for the Ford attempt to stay away from the extreme end of the
pits by a thousand feet.

Wes