[Land-speed] Sunbeam Suspension

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Tue Jun 16 20:12:00 MDT 2009

Part 2
Corner weighting.
I use a simple weighing method, one sold by speedway to measure weights
at the track. Simple but has a lot of built in errors. It is temperature
sensitive, has only 20 lb graduations and you must use a shim to tell
when the car is off the surface which really adds or subtracts a lot.
And it dings the wheels so I had to fab up some more tools to alleviate
that. At the end, I was doing changes in front and rear coilovers 1/8
turn at a time. I found sticky friction to be an issue. Evry heim, every
shock has some friction in it and it will never come out exactly, at
least in my experience.

LF = 670 #       RF  = 660 #  LR = 870 #       RR = 860 #

The diagonal weight is     LF to RR    670 + 860  = 1530   pounds
                                     RF to LR    660 + 870 =  1530  pounds

Front weight is 670 + 660 = 1330 pounds
Rear weight  is 870 + 860 = 1730 pounds

see part 3