[Land-speed] Car Spins

Doug Odom dlodom at charter.net
Sun Jun 14 10:40:00 MDT 2009

Jack, I think we are all a little guilty of making blanket statements. We
often forget the wide variety of cars that are all lumped into LSR. Wheelbases
range from under 90" to over 300". Front ends from inline to over 50". Solid,
straight axle, swing arm, independent, Etc......
Maybe we need to be more specific when we give an answer?  Just a thought.
Don't want to confuse ourselves anymore than normal.  LOL

Big Ditch Doug
  Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Car Spins

  I used that silly example as a means to demonstrate what can happen when
using extreme geometry that helps turning, is used for accurate straight line
running.

  If you nee a little wheel "feel" 2deg positive or negative caster with no
scrub might work (neg. might even help eliminate spins.)

  Jack