[Land-speed] Car Spins

NT788 at comcast.net NT788 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 11:33:29 MDT 2009

dats what I tink!

B jack

----- Original Message -----
From: "drmayf" <drmayf at mayfco.com>
To: "Skip Higginbotham" <saltrat at pahrump.com>
Cc: "LandSpeed List" <Land-speed at autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 9:49:01 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Car Spins

Hmmm, not sure I agree with this. B Even with zero scrub, when the wheel
is turned the the inside wheel has to rotate around the caster angle
line and that puts the outer part of th tire tread into lift and a
camber turn. B No matter what if you have caster it will lift on one side
and drop on the other. B If the spindle points downward when turned it
will load that wheel and vice versa.

YMMV

mayf
Skip Higginbotham wrote:

> At 02:37 PM 6/12/2009, John Burk wrote:
>
>> Caster doesn't change rear tire loading if scrub is zero .
>

> John,
>
> What is a typical factory scrub dimension for a 2WD steering system?
> And a car racing at lakes and Bonneville? Different for long and short
> WB? Where can the data be found?

> Support Team.Net B http://www.team.net/donate.html
>
> Land-speed mailing list
>
> You are subscribed as drmayf at mayfco.com