[Land-speed] Car Spins

Skip Higginbotham saltrat at pahrump.com
Thu Jun 11 08:49:55 MDT 2009

"Torque steer" in aircraft is referred to as "P factor" and occurs
mostly during climb to altitude. Real torque steer is noticeable in
aircraft with a single powerful engine when initiating takeoff roll
and using a lot of power. eg, P-51 Mustang needs a lot of rudder on
takeoff with 50" manifold pressure or more.

Skip