[Land-speed] Fuel Mixture Change?

Skip Higginbotham Saltrat at pahrump.com
Fri Jun 5 09:01:24 MDT 2009

List,

I am adding an intercooler to my freshened, blown/injected BBC gas
engine (15 lbs and 8:1 compression).

It seems to me that I should richen the mixture since the induction
temp is expected to go down about 300 degrees. BUT....the intercooler
and the blower companies say no that the mixture should be left alone
for the first pass.

How can the engine make more horsepower with cooler induction air but
no added fuel?????

First pass will be to the 1 and then shut off.........even with the
wide band O2 sensor. Because I'm "old school" and parts are expensive.

Skip