[Land-speed] Knock sensor placement on flathead!

Greg Meyers advo at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 10:31:12 MDT 2009

On 6/2/09 8:55 AM, "Dave Dahlgren" <dave.dahlgren at snet.net> wrote:

> How do you plan on testing it?

Actually, a knock sensor is really just a microphone, and can be hooked
up to any laptop.  There are multiple free-ware programs which can analyze
wave-forms. This gives me an analog to digitalized representation sort of
like a sample and hold oscilloscope.  Moving the sensor around the idling
engine until I see the quietest signal is first.  Then I advance the timing
until something new appears on the screen.  That wave form will be what I
want to keep from seeing as I play with other variables.
Thanks
Greg