[Land-speed] [BULK] Re: Towing a race car

John Staiger lsrvette at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 15:09:18 MDT 2009

Joe,

I agree, I always use torque arms (load levelers) and a sway bar.  I have
used both CAM style and Friction type anti-sway bars without noticing a big
difference, however I assumed that after Steve loaded the car with a
toolbox, jack and misc. he would be a lot heaver than 5,500 lbs and a
Pullrite or Hensley make a big difference when you get over weight as they
change the center of pivot from beyond rear bumper to the rear axle.  Both
virtually eliminate yaw.  I'm not saying you can't haul without them, but if
you have the money, it makes a huge difference in the mountains with a 40MPH
cross wind...

Somehow the longer the haul, the heavier the trailer...

JLS